Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jekel Loves Hyde...but Trisha Doesn't

Title:  Jekel Loves Hyde
Author:  Beth Fantaskey
Publisher:  Harcourt
Release Date: 3 May 2010
Date Finished: 2 July 2010

The Short and Sweet of It
Jill Jekel and Tristen Hyde are thrown together in a chemistry experiment that could benefit them both. But while Jill's reward is money for college, Tristan's is something more personal and more dangerous. For Dr. Jekyll left a legacy beyond a great work of literature, a legacy which has the power to destroy those involved.

A Bit of a Ramble
First off, I can not get used to typing Jekel. Jekel. Not Jekyll. Seriously, my fingers have to be forced to type it J-E-K-E-L. While my left middle finger is trying for the 'e', my right pointer finger is simultaneously touching the 'y'.  Okay, now on to what you actually care about.

I sped through Jekel Loves Hyde, finishing it in one sitting. Throughout, I was entertained; but the similarity in the narratives and the perpetuation of ridiculous stereotypes annoyed me quite a bit.  I just don't understand the ease with which YA paranormal romance lead females fall in love with boys who admittedly want to rape or kill them.

For a full review, head over to eclectic/eccentric!

No comments:

Post a Comment