Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives


I would compare this book to a reality TV show. 
By comparing the book to a reality TV show what I am, in essence, saying, is that you are given an intimate look at what goes on behind the facade of an upscale, fancy community. As the story unfolds we are given a glimpse, through Lyssa’s eyes, of what life is truly like. We see the cliques, the gossip, the affairs, and get the inside scoop on a lot of it.
The book deals with issues such as divorce, affairs, cheating, friendship, and more. It imparts the importance of being happy, of being yourself, and of always doing what is right and standing up for yourself. It also ends a little bit too easily with everything wrapped up nicely with a bow.
Did I like it? Well, like reality TV it was a little bit plastic, a little bit predictable, a little bit snobbish, and ultimately not very satisfying. That being said, I enjoyed the book, it was a light, easy, and fast read, I kept reading and couldn’t put it down. I would recommend it as a light read, or to anyone who enjoys the topics of marriage, divorce, infidelity, etc. It very well may be that these topics do not hold as much interest to me because I am simply not at that point in my life. We will see in a few years I guess!
To read my full review check it out over at Amy Reads! I am also doing a giveaway of this book that ends at midnight, June 30th, so there is still time to enter! 

No comments:

Post a Comment